In House Solicitor, Commerical
Salary £60,000 - £72,500 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 22 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
We are working with a national business based in the East Midlands seeking a Commercial Solicitor to join an established legal team.
About the Legal Counsel role:
As an integral part of the In-House Legal team you will provide support on a wide variety of legal queries and areas.
- Reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- Reviewing contracts for compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and internal policies (covering legal and straightforward data protection issues) and liaising with other Legal, Compliance and business teams as appropriate.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating relatively complex legal documentation and standard forms.
- Liaising with external law firms as appropriate.
- Providing support on projects.
- Supervising more junior paralegals and assisting in the delivery of their responsibilities.
- Ensuring that the appropriate frameworks are in place to manage risk appropriately.
- Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team
About the Legal Counsel:
You should be a team player, client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload.
A commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to juggle the demands of a busy workload in this Legal Counsel role.
You will be a UK qualified solicitor from a City or large regional practice.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years PQE within commercial law/commercial contracts but this does not preclude someone with more qualified experience from applying for the role.
For more information on this Legal Counsel role based in the East Midlands or any other legal roles please contact Nisha Jassi for a confidential discussion on 01212602562 or by email – Nisha,email@example.com.