Salary £40,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Nisha Jassi
Date posted 27 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen with an International law firm looking for an experienced Commercial Solicitor in the West Midlands. This role will provide you with exposure to a range of commercial work across a range of sectors.
This International firm is Legal 500 rated and has an excellent local reputation whilst been able to offer exposure to international and cross border work. You will have the opportunity to work for quality clients in the: Energy, Retail, IT, Financial Services and Manufacturing sectors.
You will join a small but busy commercial contracts team in Birmingham and work alongside leading individuals in the Commercial space. You will be part of a larger national tea and benefit from exposure to a varied and rewarding commercial workload.
There is genuine scope for career progression in this team and is an exciting time to join the firm.
The successful Commercial Solicitor will:
- Draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts including standard terms and condition, agency and distribution agreements, supply contracts, development and manufacture agreements, tender documents as well as more bespoke contracts.
- Be involved in complex multi-million pound contracts and also advise on a range of IP issues.
- Draft and negotiate a range of technology contracts from development contacts to software and distribution agreements and advise on Data Protection issues. This is a real growth area for the firm.
- Provide commercial solutions to clients.
- Applications will be considered from Commercial Solicitors with a minimum of 3-7 years PQE however applications from solicitors at a lower level who have previous experience prior to qualification would be considered.
- You must have worked in a similar position in Private Practice or In House and be capable of handling a wide range of commercial matters.
- An interest in IT or Data Protection would be desirable but is not essential.
- Applications from candidates with an In House background are also welcome.
About the firm
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Solicitor who is looking to work for a heavyweight in the West Midlands.
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent training and a flexible and supportive working environment.
For more information about this Commercial Solicitor role or similar roles in the Wear Midlands please get in touch with Nisha Jassi at email@example.com or on 0121 260 2562 .