Salary £40000 - £47000 per annum + car, pension
Location West Midlands
Consultant Ed Browne
Date posted 06 February 2017
A great In-House opportunity has arisen with a leading organisation based in the West Midlands. The highly regarded organisation are seeking to recruit an additional commercial solicitor with significant contract and employment experience. This role offers excellent career progression and opportunities.
About the Legal Counsel role:
As an integral part of the In-House team you will provide support on a wide variety of legal queries and areas.
- Reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts and employment matters
- To deliver support for all legal matters arising in the exploration, development, protection and proposition and promotion design and delivery, pricing, general contractual matters, marketing, internal and external communications and contractual dispute management
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating relatively complex legal documentation and standard forms
- Liaising with external law firms as appropriate
- Engaging with external customers to negotiate contract terms
- Providing support on projects
- To drive forward compliance activities led by other team members in one or more areas of responsibility (e.g. competition, fraud, privacy, intellectual property), ensuring the right balance of compliance, risk and pragmatism
- Advise on applicable laws and regulations, monitoring EU and UK legislative and judicial and regulatory activity which impact relevant areas
- Ensuring that the appropriate frameworks are in place to manage risk appropriately
- Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team
- Conduct legal research as required to provide guidance on contract compliance and legal / regulatory requirements
You should be a team player, client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload. A commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to juggle the demands of a busy workload in this European Legal Counsel role.
The organisation is a multinational company with a strong and healthy financial position, and a focus long term business growth.
You will be a UK qualified solicitor from a City or large regional practice (or overseas equivalent) and may have a minimum of 2 years PQE with evidence of excellent training within commercial law/commercial contracts/employment law but this does not preclude someone with more qualified experience from applying for the role. Prior in-house experience would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
For more information on this Legal Counsel role based in Birmingham or any other legal roles please contact Ed Browne for a confidential discussion on 01212602583 or by email - Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org.