Salary £70000 - £75000 per annum
Consultant Joanna Stock
Date posted 01 February 2017
A leading and rapidly expanding global media business is looking to recruit a mid level Legal Counsel who would be dedicated to supporting the business in the UK. This is an exciting time for this dynamic business and the legal function is highly regarded and seen as key to the company’s success.
The Legal Counsel will be joining a mid sized team of UK legal staff headed by General Counsel for the UK. The UK team is part of a close-knit global team headed by the Group General Counsel who strongly promotes professional development and the value of lawyers within the company.
This is a very hands-on role with the individual assisting with all aspects of legal work on behalf of the UK business and its subsidiaries and assisting the parent company in corporate initiatives as necessary from time to time.
Core work will be broad and varied and will involve drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with clients, media owners and suppliers in relation to all aspects of traditional and digital media strategy, planning and buying, together with digital creative production and event management. Any experience of M&A work would be ideal but is not essential.
The key legal matters and/or areas of work encountered will vary but primarily include:
- commercial contract drafting and negotiating (experience with media and advertising agreements is a plus)
- drafting and negotiation of IT services and technology procurement agreements
- intellectual property protection (especially in relation to trademark and copyright matters)
- privacy and data protection compliance
- litigation management
- monitoring and advising on regulatory issues in relation to advertising and digital/internet areas
- management of global ethics and compliance program as it pertains to implementation in the UK (roll-out, training, hot-line, investigations, etc.)
- supervision and evaluation of outside counsel
- mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate transactions (affiliations, reorganizations, financing)
- assisting in the supervision and development of junior staff
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified lawyer (England and Wales or other common law jurisdiction) with 3-6PQE*
- have experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, with strong background of independently advising clients in relation to commercial transactions
- Media experience or an interest in the sector
* Please note any reference to PQE is a guide and those with more/less experience will still be considered
If interested, please apply!