In House Counsel
Consultant Bruno Offner
Date posted 28 November 2016
A world-leading geophysical services and consultancy company, serving top tier international oil and gas clients, is looking for a general commercial In House Counsel to join the team in Greater London. Headquartered in Europe, this company's London team mitigates the legal and contractual risks in the company's global operation of an extensive exploration fleet.
State of the art tools and technology are paired with experts in exploration and petrophsyics in order to assist clients in maximising use of existing and potential assets. The eventual In House Counsel will work closely with other legal staff in Greater London, as well as business figures, in the guiding of the company through complex transactions and business strategies associated with the core functions of the business.
Key responsibilities of the In House Counsel role:
- Drafting, negotiation and review of commercial contracts such as service agreements, license agreements, joint venture agreements, memoranda of understanding/letters of intent, and confidentiality agreements;
- Providing general legal advice to business units and other corporate functions
- Promotion of corporate legal policies, procedures and practices;
- Reviewing and maintaining standard forms of contract;
- Dealing with disputes, including litigation/arbitration;
- Travel, including overseas travel, as required;
- Instruction of external counsel as necessary
Successful candidates will have strong City training, and at least 3 years PQE within a commercial environment, though applications of other levels will be considered.
Candidates must be highly analytic with extensive experience in contractual interpretation and drafting, and must also demonstrate strong commercial acumen and interpersonal skills. Experience within the oil and gas sector will be an advantage, but is not essential.
This is a very attractive position within a company engaged in interesting, global business on the cutting edge of oil and gas technology. A competitive salary is offered, and a positive and friendly working environment with excellent work/life balance is on offer.
Please click to apply to this In House Counsel position.