Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Ed Browne
Date posted 28 November 2016
A fantastic In-House opportunity has arisen with a leading media and digital organisation based in central Manchester. This role offers excellent career progression and opportunities.
About the Senior Legal Counsel role:
As an integral part of the In-House team you will provide support on a wide variety of legal work across a range of different media and advertising areas. The business are ideally seeking to hire a senior legal counsel with previous advertising or media background.
The role will include the following areas:
- Reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating relatively complex legal documentation including Intellectual Property issues across a variety of Media and Creative platforms.
- Liaising with external law firms as appropriate
- Providing support on projects
- Supervising more junior team members and assisting in the delivery of their responsibilities
- Conducting peer reviews and quality assurance checks of others’ work
- Ensuring that the appropriate frameworks are in place to manage risk appropriately
- Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team
You should be a team player, excellent commercial acumen and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload.
You will be a UK qualified solicitor from a City or large regional practice (or overseas equivalent) and may have a minimum of 7 years PQE but this does not preclude someone with more qualified experience from applying for the role. You will have extensive commercial/IP experience. Ideally seeking a good working knowledge of the Advertising Standards Authority Regulations with an excellent academic background.
For more information on this Senior Legal Counsel role based in Manchester or any other legal roles please contact Ed Browne for a confidential discussion on 01212602583 or by email - Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org.