Salary £230 - £240 per day
Location City of London
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 25 November 2016
Services organisation based in Central London are looking for an ambitious lawyer to join them in the role of Legal Counsel. Please note this is a sole counsel position that will begin as an interim role but if all goes well, will become permanent within the next three to six months.
About The Legal Counsel Role
As the company’s only Legal Counsel, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a wide-ranging remit of work, including:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements including T&Cs, tenders, supply, service, purchase, IT, IP, NDAs and M&A work
- Data protection and regulatory advice
- Advising on all employment law matters as well as health & safety issues
- Liaising with external legal advisers in both the UK and mainland Europe
- Corporate Governance and compliance advisory work
- Managing small scale litigation claims
As with any sole lawyer role, you must be an individual who is confident in their own legal judgement, able to operate outside their comfort zone but also possess the self-awareness to seek external support when required. This role provides the incumbent with a good work-life balance but you will be very busy during the day and must be able to prioritise & organise your workload accordingly.
The role would be well suited to a lawyer with at least 12-18 months PQE, although all applications will be considered on merit. You must have previous experience in drafting commercial agreements and any previous in-house work would be looked upon as advantageous.
You will be able to start prior to Christmas so you must be available either immediately or on a short notice period.
This role presents a great opportunity for somebody to enjoy rapid development of the in-house legal skills and commercial development, so please send us your CV today.