Senior In-House Counsel
Consultant Ed Browne
Date posted 22 November 2016
A great In-House opportunity has arisen with a leading organisation based in Greater Manchester. The business are seeking to recruit an additional company/commercial solicitor with significant corporate and contract experience. This role offers excellent career progression and opportunities in an exciting and expanding market.
About the Senior In-House Counsel role:
You will provide the Group with expert legal advice and manage the full range of professional legal services to support achievement of their objectives and strategic priorities.
This Senior In-House Counsel role will include delivering high quality, legal advice, across the following legal disciplines and areas:
- Contract review, advice to sales teams and managements, and negotiations;
- Review of public tenders, assistance with drafting tender sections, strategic positioning on negotiations of post-shortlist tenders, various IP registration and exploitation advice
- Business contracts such as IT outsourcing contracts and payment platform providers
- Modern Slavery Act statement (prior to June 2017)
- Documenting inter-co loans, financing arrangements
- Inter-co restructures, setting up newco’s, dissolving dormant subsidiaries
- Company secretarial work including drafting resolutions and advising on articles (statutory registers primarily maintained by D&T)
- Drafting company policies, procedures and employment contracts;
M&A / DD work (if any acquisitions) including:
- Drafting heads of terms / confidentiality agreements
- Strategic advice on structure / acquisition vehicles
- Maintaining files of matters disclosed throughout process (for purpose of warranties & disclosure letter)
- Reviewing data room documents for key risk and key opportunities
- Review DD report (externally prepared), flag major issues internally
- Integrate financial DD findings / critical areas into warranties & reps section of SPA
- Reviewing revised versions of transaction documents (SPA, TSA, etc)
- Liaison / point of contact for external legal team and any instructions on drafting details and documents required, coordinating time line between internal M&A team and law firm
- Maintaining HQ resources and files (corporate structure, operating company corporate details)
You should be a team player, client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload. A commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to juggle the demands of a busy workload in this position.
You will be a UK qualified solicitor from a City or large regional practice (or overseas equivalent) and may have a minimum of 5 years PQE but this does not preclude someone with more qualified experience from applying for the role.
For more information on this Senior In-House Counsel role based in Manchester or any other legal roles please contact Ed Browne for a confidential discussion on 01212602583 or by email - Edward.email@example.com.