Salary £70000 - £80000 per annum + £6.6k car; 20% bonus; health; pension
Location West London
Consultant Jon Lucas
Date posted 18 November 2016
A market-leading services company with a truly international presence are looking to hire a Legal Director to oversee a section of their legal team. This position is set to last 15 months (until March 2018) to cover an internal secondment.
About the Role
This particular division of the legal team has four members and day-to-day duties of the Legal Director would be as follows:
- Drafting & negotiating both routine and complex contracts. These agreements are both UK and international, and most are with a blue-chip client base.
- Managing small scale litigation matters
- Personnel managing, in particular, supporting the development of a junior lawyer
- Overseeing the legal budget
- Advising the board on all legal and compliance matters
- Providing regular advice & guidance to the UK HR team
- Managing relationships with external counsel
- Delivering legal training across the business
You will be a strong commercial lawyer with at least six years PQE, although all applications will be considered on merit. Previous in-house experience is essential and whilst some managerial experience would be desirable, it is not a pre-requisite. You must be a UK qualified solicitor and have a proven track record of successfully negotiating complex commercial agreements.
This position is to start early January at the latest. It would be advantageous if you are able to start this side of Christmas.
This Legal Director role offers a great opportunity for somebody to enjoy a fantastic variety of work and add a global name to their CV, so please send us your CV today.