Senior In-House Counsel
Consultant Ed Browne
Date posted 15 November 2016
A great In-House opportunity has arisen with a leading organisation based in central Manchester. This role offers excellent career progression and opportunities.
About the Senior In-House Counsel role:
You will provide the Board and Directorates with expert legal advice and manage the full range of professional legal and corporate information management services to support achievement of their objectives and strategic priorities.
This Senior In-House Counsel role will include delivering high quality, legal advice, across the following legal disciplines and areas:
- Public and administrative law; property, commercial law and contracts, company, transport, data protection and freedom of information, employment, highways and planning
- Review proposed legal changes; assess the potential impact on the business and proposing to the Executive Board any changes required
- Respond to proposals for legislative change that will impact the business
- Reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Reviewing contracts for compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and internal policies (covering legal and straightforward data protection issues)
You should be a team player, client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload. A commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to juggle the demands of a busy workload in this position.
You will be a UK qualified solicitor from a City or large regional practice (or overseas equivalent) and may have a minimum of 5 years PQE but this does not preclude someone with more qualified experience from applying for the role. You will have extensive working knowledge of the implications of the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Legislation and Environmental Information Regulations as well as other associated legislation, experience of negotiation in disputes with third parties, and of supporting projects that impact on the general public and stakeholders.
For more information on this Senior In-House Counsel role based in Manchester or any other legal roles please contact Ed Browne for a confidential discussion on 01212602583 or by email - Edward.email@example.com.