Salary £45000 - £60000 per annum
Consultant Ed Browne
Date posted 08 November 2016
A great In-House opportunity has arisen with a leading organisation based in central Birmingham. The highly regarded team are seeking to recruit an additional commercial solicitor with significant contract experience. This role offers excellent career progression and opportunities.
About the Legal Counsel role:
As an integral part of the In-House team you will provide support on a wide variety of legal queries and areas.
- Reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Reviewing contracts for compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and internal policies (covering legal and straightforward data protection issues) and liaising with other Legal, Compliance and business teams as appropriate
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating relatively complex legal documentation and standard forms
- Liaising with external law firms as appropriate
- Providing support on projects
- Supervising more junior paralegals and assisting in the delivery of their responsibilities
- Conducting peer reviews and quality assurance checks of others’ work
- Ensuring that the appropriate frameworks are in place to manage risk appropriately
- Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team
You should be a team player, client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload. A commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to juggle the demands of a busy workload in this Legal Counsel role.
The company is an international financial services provider with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia.
You will be a UK qualified solicitor from a City or large regional practice (or overseas equivalent) and may have a minimum of 3 years PQE within commercial law/commercial contracts but this does not preclude someone with more qualified experience from applying for the role
For more information on this Legal Counsel role based in Birmingham or any other legal roles please contact Ed Browne for a confidential discussion on 01212602583 or by email - Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org.