Salary £60000 - £65000 per annum
Consultant Joanna Stock
Date posted 07 November 2016
A leading global digital media player based in London are looking to hire a Legal Counsel to support its UK business. This is an exciting time for this dynamic business and the legal function is highly regarded and seen as key to the company’s success.
About the Legal Counsel role:
You will be joining a small team of nine UK legal staff headed by General Counsel for the UK. The UK team is part of a close-knit global team of approximately 40 lawyers headed by the Group General Counsel who strongly promotes professional development and the value of lawyers within the company.
Core work will involve drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with clients, media owners and suppliers in relation to all aspects of traditional and digital media strategy, planning and buying, together with digital creative production and event management. In addition, it is anticipated the candidate would provide legal support to some of the agencies within the UK business
Legal Counsel Primary Responsibilities:
The key legal matters and/or areas of work encountered will vary but primarily include:
- commercial contract drafting and negotiating
- drafting and negotiation of IT services and technology procurement agreements
- intellectual property protection (especially in relation to trademark and copyright matters)
- privacy and data protection compliance
- litigation management
- monitoring and advising on regulatory issues in relation to advertising and digital/internet areas
- management of global ethics and compliance program as it pertains to implementation in the UK (roll-out, training, hot-line, investigations, etc.)
- supervision and evaluation of outside counsel
- mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate transactions (affiliations, reorganisations, financing)
- assisting in the supervision and development of seconded trainees.
- have 2-3 years PQE*and have qualified in a UK jurisdiction
- have experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, with strong background of independently advising clients in relation to commercial transactions
- have a demonstrable ability to provide accurate, timely and pragmatic legal advice
* any reference to PQE is a guide and those with more/less will still be considered.
If interested, please apply!