Salary £55000 - £65000 per annum
Consultant Joanna Stock
Date posted 20 September 2016
An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel (Technology) for a leading telecommunication company in Slough. The role sits within the Mobile division of this well known, global retail company. The focus of the role is to provide legal advice to the business on commercial, corporate transactions and operational matters.
Legal Counsel (technology), Main Responsibilities
This will be a very broad general commercial role where main responsibilities will include:
- Providing commercially focused advice to the business to facilitate the timely completion of contractual terms with infrastructure suppliers and service providers
- Negotiating and drafting a range of commercial agreements, including: Professional Services Agreements, Software License Agreements, Supply Agreements, Support and Maintenance Agreements wholesale business arrangements including mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) arrangements, interconnect agreements and other marketing and procurement-related agreements
- Negotiating and drafting Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), MOUs, Cost Sharing Agreements, Stand Still Provisions, Intellectual Property Rights provisions, and term sheets
The Legal Counsel (technology) will have:
- Legal qualification (1-3 Years PQE*)
- Excellent drafting and business appropriate communication skills
Desired but not essential:
- Knowledge of MVNOs and previous engagement with Joint Venture entities - Track record of working in a heavily regulated environment - Knowledge of the Companies Act - Previous experience working as part of an in-house legal team or in the IPIT team of a law firm
- The company has some flexibility re working from home but you must be comfortable with commuting to Slough on a daily basis in theory.
The company is the leading UK MVNO and has arisen through a joint venture between a highly regarded telecommunications and retail company
*Any reference to PQE is a guide and those with more/less experience will still be considered.
If interested please apply.