Salary £55000 - £65000 per annum
Consultant Joanna Stock
Date posted 20 September 2016
An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel (Sales & Marketing) for a leading telecommunication business in Slough.
The Legal & Regulatory team is a newly incorporated team within the Mobile business (of this well known retail organisation) with a wide ranging remit.
This remit includes:
(i) advising the business on commercial transactions, marketing and sales promotions, regulatory requirements (including data protection) (broad general commercial role)
(ii) advising the management team on strategic projects and the governance of the joint venture
(iii) the implementation and monitoring of internal policies and regulatory requirements.
The role of Legal Counsel: Sales and Marketing sits within the Legal and Regulatory team reporting into the Head of Legal and will be responsible for partnering with the marketing, sales and customer care teams to facilitate the delivery of their projects and day to day operations in a manner which minimises the legal risk to the company.
Legal Counsel experience requirements:
- Working familiarity with the requirements of the business and the Advertising Standards Authority
- Demonstrable knowledge of the regulatory requirements associated with selling via a retail, online or telesales channel.
- Essential; Previous experience working as part of an in-house legal team or in the IPIT team of a law firm
- 1-3years PQE*
- Understanding of mobile communications business and customers Knowledge of the Consumer Credit Act and requirement(s) of the Financial Conduct Authority
- Working knowledge of the implementation of the Data Protection Act in a customer centric business Familiarity with the UK Bribery Act 2010 and Distance Selling Regulations
Operating on a leading UK mobile network & utilising a leading multi-channel Retail distribution capability, the business has grown over the past 10 years to become the largest MVNO in the UK market.
This company has a flexible working from home policy (although please note you must be comfortable with the travel to Slough in theory as the idea is that most work is performed in the offices, with occasional home working permitted)
If interested, please apply.
*Any reference to PQE is a guide and those with more/less experience will be considered