Leveraged Finance Associate
Consultant Adrian Donaldson
Date posted 11 July 20192019-07-11 2019-09-09 legal London London GB GBP 150000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An opportunity has arisen for an associate leveraged finance lawyer in the market leading finance practice of a top tier US firm.
Leveraged Finance Lawyer – Associate role
Location: City of London
An Associate role has become available in the leveraged finance team of one of the leading US law firms based in London.
About the Associate Role:
In this Associate role based in London, you will have the opportunity to work in the market leading finance practice of a top tier US firm. You will gain exposure to a breadth of working styles, approaches and finance work, including Direct Lending, Restructuring and Leveraged Finance. The vast majority of the work undertaken in the finance team also has an international focus.
• Banking Partners, Counsel, Associates and wider team from the London office
• Banking & Finance lawyers from the firm’s international offices
Roles and responsibilities
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating finance documentation for large, complex cross border transactions (including loan agreements, security documents and other corporate / condition precedent ancillary documentation), across a wide range of finance products (including senior, Term Loan B, second lien, mezzanine, PIK and notes).
• Managing and co-ordinating complex large cap international finance transactions
• Advising clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
• Advising on Direct Lending
• Advising on Acquisition/Leveraged finance and Infrastructure Finance
• Advising on Restructuring
• Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees
• Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
• Developing professional relationships with clients
• You will be a qualified lawyer with an appropriate level of post-qualification experience (up to 7 years’ PQE) of complex international finance work, ideally gained in the finance team of a Magic Circle or leading US firm
• You will have had a broad exposure across a range of high value and complex international finance transactions
• You will also have an excellent academic background and will have developed demonstrable first rate legal/commercial knowledge
• Experience of working on leveraged/acquisition finance transactions would be a bonus, but is not essential
• The ability to develop and work in a fast paced and intellectually challenging environment will be absolutely essential and you must also be resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Previous experience of working on similar scale deals with a significant level of responsibility will also be key to this Associate role
• You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build strong relationships, both internally and externally
This prestigious US firm has a well-earned reputation for excellence and delivering innovative solutions to difficult problems. They advise on high-profile and cutting edge Leveraged Finance transactions and have an enviable client list comprised of international corporate and financial institutions. The culture is intellectually challenging, however the career opportunities are unparalleled.
If you are pro-active, have excellent transaction management skills and would like to be involved in some of the most innovative and complex finance transactions in the London market, this is the role for you.