Location North West LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Daniel Harris
Date posted 21 May 20192019-05-21 2019-07-20 property-and-housing North West London London GB GBP 100000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A family owned developer, operator and private equity company based in North-West London are in the market to hire a General Counsel who will report directly to the groups CEO.
Key components of the role:
- Providing expert and strategic legal advice on a variety of matters such as acquisition of development sites, raising capital, restructuring, joints ventures, property development agreements, asset management contracts, hotel management agreements, heads of terms, EIS eligibility and general commercial contracts.
- The individual must also provide day-to-day legal advice on matters that will affect operations of the business including contract, healthcare, health & safety and employment law.
- Draft, check and monitor documentation as necessary (e.g. partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, sale and purchase agreements, term sheets, NDAs, articles, due diligence documentation, employment contracts, memorandum of understanding, offer letters, letters of interest, engagement letters, board minutes, disclosure letters and other ancillary documentation)
The ideal candidate
- A solicitor with a corporate finance background (and ideally real estate and construction exposure within that) with at least five years’ PQE at a City law firm or equivalent and a broad range of legal knowledge.
- The individual should be experienced with providing commercial legal advice, and must have credibility in negotiations with counterparties and their advisors. He/she would expect to get involved and be responsible for handling legal matters with little supervision.
- Sufficiently experienced and commercially astute to challenge commercial proposals and devise alternative approaches that add value/reduce risk.
- Experienced in commercial negotiations, either direct or on behalf of clients and must be able to understand commercial drivers and help the business to optimise its position through legal negotiations.
- The individual must also be well versed in legal matters that will affect day to day operations of the business including contract and employment law.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to "see around the corner".
Contact Daniel Harris on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.