Junior Legal Counsel
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Location City of LondonCONTRACTOR
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 01 May 20192019-05-01 2019-05-31 financial-services UK Robert Walters
A global payments organisation is looking to hire a Junior Legal Counsel to join their team for a nine-month fixed term contract, based in the City.
About the role
Reporting into the Legal Counsel and working alongside the Legal Director, the Junior Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing support for legal matters across the business’s European operations, including contracts, regulatory and compliance and corporate governance.
- Drafting and negotiating on a variety of agreements between customers, suppliers and strategic partners
- Supporting business development activities including RFPs, contract negotiations and business integration
- Advising on legislative, regulatory and compliance issues
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures to protect the company and ensure compliance
- Engaging, instructing and managing outside counsel in local and international jurisdictions
- Assisting with legal administration including billing and tracking of legal spend
- Newly qualified solicitor
- Experience in commercial contracts highly preferred
- Experience in regulatory, corporate and secretarial/governance desirable
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like to receive further details, please apply directly or email Sophie Brown at Sophie.email@example.com.