Salary £600 - £700 per day
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 02 April 20192019-04-02 2019-05-02 financial-services London London GB GBP 600 700 700 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A globally leading investment bank are currently looking to hire a Legal Counsel to join their legal team for a six-month contract, based in London.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of the Commodities, Credit, FX and Rates, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for the provision of legal structuring, advisory, transaction execution and project support with respect to the bank’s fixed income, commodity derivatives and structured products business.
- Providing expert legal advice on the structuring and transaction execution to several products including but not limited to;
- Flow commodities, credit, FX, rates and inflation derivatives
- Structured products and underlyings such as CLOs, structure repackaging and fund structures
- Leveraged and distressed loan trading
- Islamic derivatives
- Private-side corporate solutions
- Addressing requests from counterparties to amend transaction documentation as a result of preparations for Brexit (e.g. in light of their establishment of new European entities
- Structuring and solutions based work in emerging and developing markets
- Reviewing term sheets, assessing potential transactions and developing legal solutions whilst liaising with compliance, risk, tax and accountancy advisors
- Monitoring ongoing legal, regulatory and market developments affecting relevant business areas
Key requirements of the role
- Qualified solicitor (preferably in a common law jurisdiction) with at least four years PQE gained with a leading financial institution or international law firm
- Strong experience in derivatives and/or structured products
If this opportunity is of interest and you would like to receive further details, please apply directly or email Sophie Brown at email@example.com.