Salary £500 - £600 per day
Location City of LondonCONTRACTOR
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-04-11 financial-services City of London London GB GBP 500 600 600 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A fantastic opportunity has presented itself for a Legal Counsel to carry out a twelve-month contract with an internationally leading investment bank, based in the City of London.
About the role
Reporting into the department’s sole in-house lawyer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to bank's business lines, mostly associated with fixed income trading, repo and equity lending, new issues and fund distribution.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating specialist contracts, including documentation for the repo and securities lending market such as the OSLA, GMRA and GMSLA
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial documentation including bespoke agency lending agreements, client terms of business, confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, fund distribution agreements and more
- Keeping up to date with relevant legal legislation applicable to the various business lines
- Liaising with internal departments within the firm such as Risk, Compliance and business departments and external clients on matters relating to the above
- Qualified solicitor with at least five years PQE gained across financial services and commercial contracts
- In-house experience gained with a top tier financial services firm
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to receive further details, please apply directly or email Sophie Brown at Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org