Project, Energy and Infrastructure NQ Associate
Salary £130,000 - £150,000 per annum + Pension, Medical
Consultant Adrian Donaldson
Date posted 31 December 2018 2018-12-312019-03-01 legal London London GB GBP 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Newly Qualified Associate role has become available in the Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance team of one of the leading US law firms based in London.
About the Newly Qualified Associate Role:
In this Newly Qualified Associate role based in London, you will have the opportunity to work in the market leading Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance practice of a top tier US firm. You will gain exposure to a breadth of working styles, approaches and project, energy and infrastructure finance work. The vast majority of the work undertaken in the team also has an international focus.
• Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance Partners, Counsel, Associates and wider team from the London office
• Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance lawyers from the firm’s international offices
Roles and responsibilities
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating documentation for large, complex project financing transactions (including loan agreements, security documents and other corporate / condition precedent ancillary documentation) in a wide range of sectors, including oil & gas, mining, power and water and renewables
• Advising lenders and borrowers on complex banking and finance transactions in emerging markets, particularly relating to infrastructure and natural resources
• Advising both buyers and seller, as well as investors, on M&A and corporate matters in relation to the energy sector
• Advising clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
• Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees
• Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
• Developing professional relationships with clients
• You are, or will be as of March 2019, a newly qualified lawyer with an appropriate level of experience (up to one year post qualification) of complex project, energy and infrastructure finance work, ideally gained in a Magic Circle or leading US firm
• You will have had a broad exposure across a range of high value and complex international project finance transactions
• You will also have an excellent academic background and will have developed demonstrable first rate legal/commercial knowledge
• Experience of working on M&A transactions would be a bonus, but is not essential
• The ability to develop and work in a fast paced and intellectually challenging environment will be absolutely essential and you must also be resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Previous experience of working on similar scale deals with a significant level of responsibility will also be key to this Newly Qualified Associate role
• You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build strong relationships, both internally and externally
This prestigious US firm has a well-earned reputation for excellence and delivering innovative solutions to difficult problems. They advise on high-profile and cutting edge Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance transactions and have an enviable client list. The culture is intellectually challenging, however the career opportunities are unparalleled.
If you are pro-active, have excellent transaction management skills and would like to be involved in some of the most innovative and complex Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance transactions in the London market, this is the role for you.
Open Date: 31/12/18
Closing Date: 29/01/19
Salary: £130,000 - £150,000 depending on experience
Please respond by forwarding your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29/01/2019