Location City of LondonCONTRACTOR
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 19 November 2018 2018-11-192018-12-19 financial-services UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A globally leading investment management firm are looking to bring on a Legal Counsel to join their legal team for a twelve-month fixed term contract, based in the City.
About the role
Reporting into the team’s Head of Legal, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing legal support to the business in relation to its funds, commercial agreements and operations.
- Advising and negotiating local and global distribution and platform agreements related to the firm’s UK and Luxembourg fund ranges
- Providing legal advice in relation to the initial and passported registration of the firm’s Luxembourg UCITS and AIFs in the EU
- Negotiating investment management agreements for funds and segregated managed accounts
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating on a range of commercial agreements, including but not limited to supplier agreements, NDAs, marketing agreements and licence agreements
- Working with internal stakeholders in the business such as Fund Operations
- Attending internal project meetings and internal committees
- Instructing local counsel in various jurisdictions
- Qualified solicitor with at least two years PQE
- Experience of working within a top tier private practice’s financial services team or an in-house asset management team
- Good knowledge of regulations impacting the asset management industry, such as UCITS AIFMD and MiFID II
- Experience drafting distribution, platform and commercial agreements
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like to receive further details, please get in touch.