Junior Legal Counsel
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 09 October 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Legal Counsel to join a global investment bank for a six-month contract, based in Canary Wharf.
About the role
Forming as part of the corporate restructuring team, the Junior Legal Counsel will be responsible for supporting the delivery of multiple components of the bank’s restructuring projects. Working alongside other team members, both within the corporate restructuring team and other divisions across the bank, the Junior Legal Counsel will ensure that projects are successfully implemented.
- Preparing reports and papers with significant legal content
- Supporting the governance and reporting processes, including contact with stakeholders
- Managing operational issues that may arise and providing solutions for these issues
- Driving projects forward and ensuring that delivery milestones are met
- Common law qualified solicitor of at least 1-year PQE
- City law firm training preferred but not essential
- Banking and/or regulatory project experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organisational skills