Interim Senior Legal Counsel
Location West MidlandsCONTRACTOR
Consultant Leighann Ellis
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-10-14 legal UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am looking for an Interim Senior Legal Counsel to join an In-House team based in the West Midlands. The role is offered on an initial basis of a 12-month Fixed Term Contract with the possibility of further extension.
The Interim Legal Counsel will provide practical and expert legal advice on all commercial and data protection issues arising from accounts, savings and FX businesses.
Duties of the Interim Senior Legal Counsel will include;
- Provide counsel and legal support on legal issues including matters that may be complex or may have material impact.
- To be considered as a trusted adviser to the business by ensuring that commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner Reviewing, and contributing to the ongoing revision of terms of business, corporate policies and processes
- Participate in key governance committees as required, for example, Product Development Forums, FCC / Global Standards Steering Committees / CSEM CSC Decisioning Committees, and to stand in for the Head of Banking Legal when required
- Ensure senior legal management is fully briefed on major issues arising and major legislative changes in area of expertise
The Interim Senior Legal Counsel should have an excellent understanding of commercial law, data privacy, privacy concepts and regulation. Desirable experience includes;
- Experience of advising on payments, current accounts, savings and/ or FX products (including apps, platforms and channels for these) either in private practice or in house
- Experience of retail banking, payments and consumer law and regulatory concepts
- Experience of advising on product launches and regulatory projects
They should also have good commercial awareness and an understanding the importance of robust best-practice in delivering practical legal solution. Ideally, the Interim Senior Legal Counsel should be 6-8 PQE, however that does not preclude more experienced candidate from applying for this role.
For more information, or to be considered for this role, please contact Leighann Ellis at Robert Walters on Leighann.Ellis@RobertWalters.com or 0121 260 2544.