Senior Legal Counsel - Leasing
Consultant Daniel Harris
Date posted 20 August 2018 2018-08-202018-10-19 legal UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An opportunity has arisen at an international bank for a Senior Legal Counsel to join and take responsibility for the UK Lease business advising on a wide range of matters. In addition to advising on existing and new products, the senior legal counsel will assist the head of legal to identify, monitor and mitigate legal risks.
The role of the Senior Legal Counsel - leasing will be:
- To provide legal advice to actively support the UK Lease business in realising their plans, whilst contributing to the management of legal and reputational risk
- To anticipate future developments influencing the position of the business and the financial industry
- To actively develop and expand an extensive (international) network of contacts in and outside the bank to influence decisions and build up trusted relationships.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good knowledge of asset finance/leasing including finance leases, operating leases, hire purchase and secured loans.
- Experience gained at a major national or internationally recognised law firm
- Strong research, writing and drafting skills
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the financial industry.