Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 07 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity has developed for a Legal Counsel to join a private bank based in the City, for a four-month fixed term contract.
About the role
Reporting into the bank’s Head of Legal, the Legal Counsel will provide in-house legal advice to the bank and its subsidiaries, ensuring timely, effective delivery on all legal issues, projects and initiatives. The bank offers private banking, wealth management and investment management services, managing the financial affairs of HNW individuals and commercial clients.
- Advising on issues arising within the banking business (deposit taking and lending)
- Advising on material contracts, including contracts for the provision of products and services
- Advising on lending and security documentation and customer facing documentation (terms and conditions etc)
- Advising on disputes and litigation
- Liaising with external counsel
- Monitoring and advising on legislative changes that affect the business (in conjunction with compliance)
Key requirements of the role
- Qualified solicitor with at least two years PQE gained in advising the banking sector, including deposit taking and lending activity
- Experience in advising and negotiating commercial contracts
- Non-contentious financial services regulatory experience
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like to discuss further details, please get in touch.