Salary £650 - £750 per day
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 06 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel to join the commodities, credit, FX, rates and derivatives department of a global investment bank, for a twelve-month contract based in London.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Legal, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for the provision of legal structuring, advisory, transaction execution and project support with respect to the bank’s fixed income, commodity derivatives and structured products business.
- Providing expert legal advice on the structuring and transaction execution to several products including but not limited to;
- Flow commodities, credit, FX, rates and inflation derivatives
- Structured products and underlyings such as CLOs, structure repackaging and fund structures
- Leveraged and distressed loan trading
- Islamic derivatives
- Private-side corporate solutions
- Structuring and solutions based work in emerging and developing markets
- Reviewing term sheets, assessing potential transactions and developing legal solutions whilst liaising with compliance, risk, tax and accountancy advisors
- Monitoring ongoing legal, regulatory and market developments affecting relevant business areas
Key requirements of the role
- Qualified solicitor (preferably in a common law jurisdiction) with at least four years PQE gained with a leading financial institution or international law firm
- Strong experience in derivatives and/or structured products
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like to discuss further details, please get in touch.