Head of Legal
Salary £750 - £850 per day
Location City of London
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 10 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Head of Legal to join a large retail bank for a six-month contract, based in the City.
About the role
Reporting into the bank’s General Counsel, the Head of Legal will be responsible for overlooking the operations of the legal team and will identify and implement effective tools, technologies and processes to ensure effective operations and change management within the bank.
- Working closely with the bank’s leadership team to translate strategic priorities into specific goals and develop plans to achieve all initiatives set out
- Finding ways to improve the legal team’s current processes, tools and technologies to maximise its capabilities and efficiencies
- Identifying opportunities to leverage technology solutions to support growth and gain efficiencies
- Ensuring existing policies, procedures, playbooks and guidelines are effectively documented and accessible, whilst identifying opportunities for improvement
- Building relationships with key stakeholders across HR, IT, Finance, Property & Procurement
- Managing special projects for the GC when required
- Qualified solicitor with at least 10 years PQE of relevant experience, gained with a top tier law firm (advising financial services clients) or in an in-house financial services role
- Project management or regulatory implementation experience preferred
- Working knowledge of technology tools and applications
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like to discuss further details, please get in touch.