Location City of London
Consultant Sophie Brown
Date posted 19 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A highly reputable private bank is looking to bring on a Legal Counsel to join their legal team for a six to eight-month fixed term contract, based in the City.
About the role
Covering the existing incumbent’s maternity leave, the Legal Counsel will work alongside the GC and one other lawyer to support the bank on a range of commercial issues.
- Providing legal support to the bank’s various business units, including HR, Procurement, Operations, Private Banking and Investment Banking
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating on commercial contracts such as procurement, IP, IT and NDAs
- Acting as the main point of contact for the GC and other stakeholders with regards to all UK legal matters
- Liaising with external counsel when required
- Engaging with any support functions requiring legal advice, such as Compliance, HR etc
- Qualified solicitor of at least four years PQE, gained either within a financial services in-house role or a top tier law firm with in-house secondments
- The ability to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders
- The ability to think commercially and achieve outcomes to the satisfaction of stakeholders
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like to discuss further details, please get in touch.