In-House Banking Paralegal
Salary £25000 - £32000 per annum
Consultant Ed Browne
Date posted 11 November 2016
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation based in Birmingham who are seeking to expand their highly regarded in-house legal department with a specific and important paralegal hire.
About the In-House Banking Paralegal role:
The Legal team based in Birmingham provides legal advice to all of their businesses and infrastructure functions, including areas such as transactional support, litigation management, commercial contract support and general legal advice, and provides dedicated business-aligned support to all divisions of the Group.
The team provides a range of legal services to colleagues across the world. The team takes pride in building strong relationships across the business, facilitating the provision of a collaborative, highly efficient and quality legal service. The team has a focus on collaboration, support, empowerment, quality, excellence and opportunity.
This In-House Banking Paralegal role is a complex advisory role supporting two specific legal teams with the following work types:
- Advising on legal and regulatory change, including projects to implement new requirements and changes to controls to ensure compliance
- Advising project teams on new product launches and product changes
- Advising on remediation projects
- Contributing to lobbying/advocacy and responses to consultations
- Ensuring that the appropriate frameworks are in place to manage risk appropriately
- Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team
- Supporting the operational/administrative elements of the role including management of inboxes, policy tables and MI
This role will require effective interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively and concisely communicate legally complex concepts and key issues and ideas in written and oral communications. Also necessary are the ability to listen well and tailor communications to audience and situation to ensure timely and effective delivery of information. The ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with legal and business stakeholders as well as manage stakeholder expectations effectively are all key skills.
You will have gained hands-on relevant paralegal experience gained either within a UK law firm (or overseas equivalent) or financial institution an advantage. Legal Graduate/LPC or equivalent.
For more information on this In-House Banking Paralegal role based in Birmingham or any other legal roles please contact Ed Browne for a confidential discussion on 01212602583 or by email - Edward.email@example.com.