Capital Markets Lawyer
Salary £75000 - £90000 per annum
Consultant Toby Aiston
Date posted 14 October 2016
This is a great opportunity for an experienced US qualified capital markets lawyer to join a team of 6 at a market leading retail bank. The role will include providing support to the Head of Treasury Legal with a focus on its subsidiaries market disclosure obligations and US legal issues related to treasury activity.
Key Capital Markets Lawyer Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Treasury Legal to advise on the company's disclosure obligation and may include deputising for the Head of Treasury Legal on matters of disclosure governance
- Advise on a wide variety of capital and funding issues
- When required, provide support to the Corporate/M&A team and competition team
- Be comfortable dealing with the company's senior stakeholders
- Manage legal risk within the Treasury department identifying and evaluating risks and finding solutions to mitigate legal risk
Your Key Skills:
As the Treasury Legal Counsel you will have at least 4 years experience as a US qualified lawyer. A different level of experience will be considered if you meet the requisite standards, the figure given is only indicative. You will have strong commercial awareness with the ability to influence senior stakeholders. In depth knowledge of the financial services industry particularly market disclosure obligations. Knowledge of and experience advising SEC-registered entities on related US and ideally UK market disclosure obligations.
About the company:
This company operates across a broad range of areas including personal and business banking, private banking, insurance and corporate financing.
If you have the required skills for this fantastic Treasury Legal Counsel position please click to apply.