Wintel Infrastructure Engineer
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 01 October 20192019-10-04 2019-11-30 it Merseyside Merseyside GB GBP 35000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is brilliant opportunity to work for a UK leading organisation
The Wintel Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the operations and support of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks.
You will be required to install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the technical operating environment. A key focus of the role is the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure.
Responsible for system maintenance and housekeeping activities i.e backup, password resets etc.
- Design and implement solutions to automate Windows platform and infrastructure management, including integration with external modules/components that comprises the entire technology infrastructure ecosystem.
- Identify and select technology solutions from multiple competing options, perform evaluations and proof-of-concepts, make recommendations to management.
- Operate and develop the systems management, patch and configuration tools to ensure platform security and consistency.
- Technical infrastructure engineer responsible for providing 2nd and 3rd line support
- Ensure all related governance activities are completed in a timely manner,
- Regularly review system software and firmware updates for services within your remit and identify those that merit action, making recommendations for implementation to your manager.
- When requested, contribute to project plans for the implementation of upgrades and developments to systems and services.
- Undertake any other task as requested by the Team Manager or Head of IT, documenting dates, issues and actions arising.
- Wintel experience
- Exposure-MS Active Directory
- Windows Desktop
- Enterprise Windows Server engineering, on-prem and cloud.
- Office 365 migration and administrative experience.
- Automation in infrastructure management (Advanced PowerShell scripting)
- Ability to build and operate at least one System Centre platform
- ITIL-oriented environment