Python Developer X 3
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 25 April 20192019-05-07 2019-06-24 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has 3 exciting opportunities for experienced Python Developers to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. These are permanent roles based in Manchester.
More important than the technical skills are evidence that you are a good problem solver, a focussed and dedicated developer with the ability to work on your own as well as with a team.
What will you be doing as a Python Developer?
- Working across the full development lifecycle and covering Application Support, Development and System Improvements.
- Working in Agile environment using Scrum methodology
- Designing and developing Web Services
- Interpreting software needs and developing concept and final solutions to meet their objectives.
- Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
- Estimating the time required to complete work, providing the finished items inline with the original estimate.
- Working independently or as part of a development team to fulfil the business needs and objectives.
- Presenting ideas and concepts to the Software Manager and the development team.
- Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
What experience/skills/attributes do you need?
- Experience with Python and the Django framework.
- Exposure to Database technologies, Postgres, Oracle, MySQL.
- Commercial experience
- Experience developing a single page application using AJAX and JSON.
- Linux Sysadmin skills
- Experience developing mobile applications for iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Configuration Control and change management systems (e.g. Jenkins, Mercurial, Jira).
- The ability to confidently construct viable project plans/documentation and report to managers.
- Experience of Agile development using Scrum methodology.
- Fluency in a second language is desirable but not essential.