Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 10 October 2018 2018-10-102018-12-09 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
this is a fantastic opportunity to work fr a large global Financial organisation
As the Senior Middleware Engineer you will be a key technical engineer in the delivery of the payment gateway services, utilising your excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define and develop the environment and procedures, and be an expert trouble-shooter for major or critical service incidents.
As a member of the Operations Infrastructure teams, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Linux and
Middleware-based infrastructure is secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
- Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production incidents and Problems
- Adherence to standards for change control, Middleware security and Middleware patterns.
- Take part in the technical team during disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
- Define operational procedures and documentation
- Define and package application.
- Liaise with Development, Architecture and Operations Teams and identify requirements, incorporating them into the platform and deployed applications
- Provide on-call rota support where require.
- RHCSA minimum – RHEL 6
- Proven experience with Automating operational processes and build processes using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Artefactory. Continuous integration/deployment advantageous.
- Strong Middleware configuration skills with JBoss EAP 5/6/7. Must have a firm grasp of best practice, performance tuning, troubleshooting
- Strong emphasis on CHEF skills, including writing deployment and test scripts
- RHCJA preferred
- Good working knowledge of Apache/mod_cluster/mod_proxy/mod_jk and JBOSS EAP 5/6/7
- Basic Java development skills advantageous.
- Experience supporting Java applications