Test Analyst - Manual
Salary £31,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 07 November 20192019-11-07 2020-01-06 it Liverpool Merseyside GB GBP 31000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is an excellent opportunity for a Test Analyst
Test Analyst (Manual) – This is a great opportunity for a Test Analyst to work in the Business Analysis & Testing team, you will take a critical role in the planning, preparation and execution of testing needed to support the large and complex change portfolio and small change initiatives.
- Excellent test analysis, test preparation and test execution skills;
- Full testing life-cycle from business requirements to test execution through various test phases (Factory Acceptance Testing [FAT], Operational Acceptance Testing [OAT] User Acceptance Testing [UAT], Regression Testing), including risk-based testing approaches;
- Experience of working with third party suppliers and testing software delivered into the environments including COTS packages;
- Excellent communication skills: able to present complex scenarios with clarity to key project stakeholders
- Ensure the rigorous application of testing methodology and standards in the preparation of testing deliverables, including:
- Reviewing and contributing to the development of test plans in collaboration with project stakeholders, including risk-based testing approaches, as agreed with the Test Manager, covering all phases of testing e.g. Factory Acceptance Testing [FAT], Operational Acceptance Testing [OAT] User Acceptance Testing [UAT], Regression Testing
- Analysing, reviewing and assessing business requirements, data models, solution designs and prototypes for testability, ensuring they are fully understood.
- Production of high-quality test deliverables and test designs appropriate to the phase of testing e.g. business test scenarios, test scripts, test cases and expected results.
- Work in collaboration with technical colleagues (internal and external) to ensure that the test environment is set-up to support the agreed phase of testing.
- Preparing test cases including identifying and acquiring (or creating) the requisite test data in support of test cases.
- Designing automated tests where appropriate, using the agreed testing tools, ensuring the necessary technical support is in place.
- Ensure that all test deliverables are reviewed and approved with project stakeholders, as agreed with the Test Manager.
- Perform test execution at the required level, documenting and reporting test outcomes, ensuring:
- Testing tools are used to execute tests (where possible), record and monitor testing progress and support management reporting, as agreed with the Test Manager.
- Test results are recorded and evaluated against test criteria, and any deviations from expected results logged as defects.
- Testing is executed as per the planned testing cycles and coverage, with any deviation recorded and reported appropriately.
- Test environments remain controlled throughout test execution cycles such that the integrity of test data is assured.
- Support the team’s workload planning by providing estimates for deliverables in support of capacity and project planning activities.