Salary £39,000 - £43,000 per annum + Additional Benefits
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 15 October 20192019-10-15 2019-12-14 it Leeds West Yorkshire GB GBP 39000 43000 43000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Tester to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent role based in Leeds
About you :
You'll have strong interpersonal skills, proven development and support experience with a thirst for developing yourself and others to maximise their potential.
So what would you be doing for us
- Contributing to Frameworks and Designing Scripts
- Using your experience of modern software development toolsets and demonstrate the ability to stretch into DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines
- Defining Quality Engineering and Assurance work ensuring the highest quality of shippable products and quality artifacts.
- Express your own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Using toolsets such as Selenium, UFT, ALM, Cloud based and Performance test tools, Continuous Integration Tools, Service virtualization with a focus on industry leading and open source tooling
- Working with partners in and out of teams and projects, building long lasting collaborative relationships and inspiring others
- Work "hands-on" alongside all other Engineering Disciplines
- Model the behaviours required to support the organisation's transformation to new ways of working
- Use an automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk
- Logical and creative thinking skills
What we need from you:
- A solid Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background with a good knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools.
- Be able to project and implement "Automation first" approach in every phase of software delivery process that aids speed to market, better quality and reduces risks.
- Some experience with toolsets including Selenium, UFT, ALM, Cucumber, Jenkins , CA Lisa, Jira and Performance Centre; with a willingness to learn those skills that will be needed for success in the future
- Exercise responsibility, autonomy and judgement within broad, but well-defined parameters.
- Be a quick learner with a growth mindset adapting to new technologies being used
- Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well-defined, complex and often non-routine.