Senior Test Analyst
Salary £38,000 - £42,500 per annum + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 19 December 2018 2018-12-192019-02-17 it Cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 38000 42500 42500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Looking for an experienced Senior Test Analyst for a enterprise level business based in Cheshire, £38-£42.5K + Benefits
Senior Test Analyst
£38,000 - £42,500 + Benefits
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Test Analyst with great career progression with a large enterprise level business and have become the number the UK’s leader in it's field.
The senior role in their new in-house software testing capability, will involve working closely with the Business and IT teams to help shape the delivery of a high quality, robust and reliable software testing function as a key element of the wider change delivery function. You will deliver tangible business benefits to the entire group, working with both internal and external stakeholders to bring best of breed testing practices to the group.
Bring best practice testing expertise to bare, supporting the growth and development of the testing capability, assist with the management and mentoring of junior testers, coaching and developing testing skills within the team.
Provide end to end assurance across all test phases and apply your testing expertise across a number of technical deliveries and environments to include: Functional and Non-Functional Systems Testing, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and Operational Acceptance testing.
Create Test strategies and robust testing and resourcing plans, working with colleagues and third parties to ensure test delivery success along with ensuring and enforcing the adoption of appropriate testing techniques across all projects under your control.
Test planning, test preparation, test execution, defect tracking and status reporting to support the delivery of projects on time and to budget whilst ensuring defects resolution is managed within the project timelines, liaising with project managers and project leads as required.
- Experience of working on large scale change programmes and a solid appreciation of test strategies, techniques, approaches and desired outcomes
- Ability to bring best practice testing techniques to highly visible and in-flight change programmes
- Knowledge of testing toolsets and ability to champion and drive the implementation (where missing) of such toolsets
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Role will be interacting with employees at all levels, from engineers to business colleagues and senior management.
- In depth understanding of software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, RUP, and Waterfall) and how different test strategies align to these.
- Strong delivery focus, attention to detail, problem solving and a proven ability to form collaborative working relationships focused on delivery within a matrix organisation
- ISEB / ISTQB certification
- Experience of line management and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Proven track record of end to end project delivery and testing for large scale projects
- Business facing skills and a proven consultative approach
- Experience of leading meetings, workshops, and presentations