Salary £48,000 - £52,000 per annum + bonus + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 18 December 2018 2018-12-18it UK Robert Walters
Looking for an experienced Test Manager for a leading UK organisation based in Cheshire, £48-£52K + Bonus + Benefits
£49,000 - £52,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Test Manager with great career progression with a large enterprise level business and have become the number the UK’s leader in it's field
The opportunity has arisen to shape, grow and lead their new in-house software testing capability. It will involve working closely with the Business and IT teams to shape the delivery of a high quality, robust and reliable software testing capability as a key element of the wider change delivery function. You will deliver tangible business benefits to the entire group, working with both internal and external stakeholders to bring best of breed testing practices to the group.
Own the direction of the groups testing capability, setting the standards by which they operate and creating and managing the overall test strategy for both functional and non-functional testing elements along with owning the pipeline of work through the test team, supporting the creation and maintenance of test strategies, scope, estimates, schedules, effort and costings associated with each project.
Ensure that Quality Assurance checks for internal and third-party supplier IT-based developments are completed to agreed standards and that only "fit-for-purpose' solutions are delivered into Production and the Business.
Identify, document and manage testing risks, such that mitigating actions can be taken and contingent actions are understood and planned for, review and comment on documentation created by colleagues and other business areas whilst monitoring test execution and ensure results are recorded accurately in accordance with testing guidelines
Provide clear and concise documentation and reporting to the business, stakeholders and third-parties, develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of core systems and processes, alongside how the various systems and processes interact.
* Experience of carrying out testing on large scale projects with a proven track record of managing test delivery, ideally gained within either a retail or multi-channel / eCommerce environment.
* Experience of leading, guiding, and monitoring the analysis, design, implementation and execution of test cases and test procedures.
* Experience of managing a team of Test QA Analysts with varying specialities including functional and non-functional analysts.
* Ability to plan, organise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to prioritise issues based on their risk and the business requirements.
* Strong communication skills to enable you to understand business requirements and
explain and articulate IT solutions to non-IT personnel.
* ISEB / ISTQB certification.
* Experience of using test management tools for the recording of test scripts and
* Use of Confluence and Jira for requirements and defect tracking.
* Experience in MS Project, SQL and test automation tools such as Selenium, SOAPUI.
* Experience in SQL, .Net, ColdFusion and XML.
* Exposure to both manual and automated testing techniques.
* Exposure to both agile and waterfall software development methods.
* Experience of all phases of test execution.