Consultant Mark Armstrong
Date posted 26 August 2016
A unique opportunity has arisen within a rapidly growing retail business based in Manchester. The company has grown to become a major force in the online retail space and as such is looking to add a Senior Test Engineer to the team.
About the Senior Test Engineer role:
As a Senior Test Engineer for the business, you will be a proficient testers who can take ownership of testing across diverse projects and help define testing process. You will be collaboratively working with the development team where strong communication is vital, working in an agile environment where the customer always comes first. Primarily you will be performing targeted exploratory testing, concurrently designing and executing tests, You will define and set the scope for testing.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying defects in the application under test
- Perform ad-hoc functional testing and integration testing
- Working with BA’s and developers to analyse testing requirements in the early stages of development and create suitable acceptance criteria
- Attending example workshops and provide early feedback on projects
- Cross-browser and Device regression testing
- Assist in planning the team workload in Sprint Planning
- Become an expert user of the businesses IT systems understanding how these systems are used by end users
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work with the test team lead to actively improve the testing process
In order to be suitable for this role you will need to have significant testing experience working in an e-commerce environment with a high level of understanding of testing processes, agile principles and methodologies. You will be technically minded with strong verbal and written communication skills and have an ability to plan efficient and traceable testing outputs within an exploratory driven environment.
To be considered for this opportunity to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing companies please apply below or call Mark Armstrong on 0161 240 7476 for more details.