IT Project Team Manager
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 04 September 20192019-09-04 2019-11-03 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 60000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for this Manchester based organisation.
As the IT Project Team Manager you will be responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team, Managing Project Manager and delivering projects within the IS function and across the organisation.
- The management of a team delivering IT projects consisting of numerous technical and business streams.
- To oversee various work streams and coordinate the resources responsible for them.
- To develop and manage project documentation including project initiation documentation, plans, risks and issues logs.
- To prepare regular project reports.
- To organise project board meetings and present progress updates to project board members.
- To undertake structured tenders in line with the EU procurement process.
- To manage internal resources and third-party resources.
- To perform business analysis,
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from client on the specifications.
Technical knowledge and skills
- Strong technical knowledge based on significant IT experience.
- Good working knowledge of current technologies.
- Experience of managing changes to production systems.
- Ability to understand a project, map it to technologies and make recommendations.
- Significant experience of business analysis work, including working with budget holders to identify the systems requirements and translate them to functional specifications.
- Experience of managing projects using a structured methodology (ideally Prince2).
- Experience and understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in creating and managing project documentation.
- Knowledge of change management from both a technical and project perspective.
- Experience of ITIL based IS processes