Senior Project Manager
Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 02 January 2019 2019-01-022019-03-03 it London London GB GBP 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Looking for a Senior Project Manager for my client based in London, £70-£80K + Bonus + Benefits, must have experience of managing both Business & IT Projects
£70,000 - £80,000
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager with great career progression with a large and ever-growing consultancy firm based in London
Summary of Role
Manage the day-to-day strategic program management activities regarding organisational strategic initiatives; coordinate the strategy and tactical elements necessary to drive initiatives and coordinating implementation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Manage activities in support of leadership to agree to the conditions and respective parameters of initiatives including but not limited to management, structure, timing, powers/delegations, and financial.
Responsible for project(s) delivery, including (and not limited to):
- Work with functional teams to preform detailed work planning, ensuring dependencies are understood.
- Liaise with functional team members as needed (regular and ad-hoc) to ensure that work is on track.
- Identification and management of risks relating project deliverables.
- Identification and management of issues relating to project deliverables.
- Management of the project governance process, including the project board.
- Manage the delivery of project products, taking overall responsibility for the progress, resourcing, and initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Utilises functional expertise to understand important aspects of the project and communicate in the language of the team members.
- Applies interpersonal skills to provide direction, communicate, motivate, assist with problem solving, and interact effectively with team members and key stakeholders without functional authority.
- Conduct regular project/workstream review meetings.
- Regularly communicate performance updates.
- Regularly report performance and highlights to project board and program steering group.
- Change Management
Identify scope change(s).
- Contribute to development of options and assess impact of proposed change(s) in terms of time, cost, quality, benefits realisation.
- Escalate and initiate corrective actions when required.
- Manage the information flows between directing and delivering levels of the project.
- Manage the Strategic PMO activities and coordinate with and provide insights to multiple business owners (e.g., IT, HR, Finance, Communications) to execute project deliverables.
- Work collaboratively to gain consensus and build consistency in approach across all teams.
- Manage project budget(s), managing effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong knowledge and capabilities in project and/or program management and implementation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Project.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and facilitate large group planning sessions toward a common vision.
- Demonstrated skills in complex decision-making, problem–solving and planning
Preferred Qualifications & Education
Project management certification – Prince 2 and/or PMP
Undergraduate and/or graduate education in accounting, finance, operations management, strategy planning