Salary £45,000 - £60,000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Andy Ward
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-12 it UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Business Change Project Manager Manchester £45K- £60K One of the UK’s leading legal firms requires an experienced Business Change Project Manager to effectively manage a number of office relocations across their UK and European estate.
- Working effectively within the organisation structure of the wider office move project, forming good relationships with colleagues and suppliers to deliver the full project as a team.
- Working effectively alongside other project managers, delivering projects with may have overlapping resource requirements. .
- Effectively estimating costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project.
- Ensuring that realistic project plans are prepared and maintained and tracking all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Monitoring costs, timescales and resources used, and taking action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensuring that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Identifying, assessing and managing risks to the success of the project.
- Providing effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Taking appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Actively representing the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
- Ensuring that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Producing appropriate documentation to support these processes.
Skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or hold a professional qualification.
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner qualified (essential).
- MSP Foundation / Practitioner qualified (desirable)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a client-facing project management role.
- Project management responsibility for the implementation of new premises / office space.
- Decision Making - Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Progress Monitoring - Checking progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action to resolve exceptions and Planning and Organisation - Determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Project Management - Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. Example: PRINCE.
- Project Planning and Control - Methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects. Examples: product/work breakdown structures, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution.
- Project Risk Management - The identification, assessment and management of project risks, which could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver products which are fit for purpose.
- Contract Management - Methods and techniques for managing contracts to ensure that suppliers adhere to agreed contract requirements.
- Change management – supporting the legal and operational teams in identifying and managing change as a result of the project.