Salary Up to £32,000 per annum
Consultant Elicia Hermitt
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-11-11 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A new opportunity has arisen for a candidate with project administration experience to join a well-established Logistics Company. You will be an integral member of our IT project management team, responsible for assisting in delivering projects of varying size and complexity. We are looking for a customer focussed and organised team member to join the IT Project Team as a Project Administrator. You will assist the Project Team in the planning, controlling, monitoring, driving and reporting of new and existing projects in various stages of their project lifecycles.
The role will involve directly liaising with both internal IT and third party suppliers & contractors where you will be expected to provide action and change management support to ensure the timely completion of actions highlighting any delays or potential risks to the projects.
The expertise gained can be used to transition into a more senior role within IT Projects or IT Operations.
- Project Control - Ensure all projects go through the appropriate start-up process and then effectively manage through to project delivery on time, to budget and to agreed scope. Develop and maintain project plans and schedules. Formally close the project defining lessons learnt and arrange post-implementation reviews
- Change Management - To maintain current Change Requests, their position in the change process and next steps to delivery
- Action Management – Support the Project team by tracking actions (sometimes technical) ensuring they are followed up and answered in a timely manner
- Project Planning and Progress Tracking – Support the project team with the creation, maintenance and closure of project plans
- Risk Management - Manage risks & issues and ensure that mitigation plans are identified and controlled by the appropriate resources. Ensure that risk & issue resolution activities are operating effectively and that key strategic issues & risks are escalated to the project team.
- Stakeholder Management - Identify all stakeholders of the Project and keep them informed and engaged. Identify all key documentation and communications throughout the lifecycle of the Project and engage with business users and delivery teams
- IT Resource Management – Manage the resource demands of all IT projects, working with the project team and IT Operations to plan and schedule project tasks and track forecast hours against actuals
- Reporting – Ensure that project reports are completed on time as required by the project team
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- IT literate with strong Microsoft Excel and Project skills.
- Strong personal resilience
- A strong administration and project background
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work under pressure when necessary
- Able to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- A strong work ethic and willingness to help and learn
- Attention to detail and accuracy
If this looks like an opportunity you think you’d be well suited to and you’re looking for a role which offers progression and scope to develop into project management – please get in touch!