Software Delivery Project Manager
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-11-11 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Delivery Project Manager to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
Overview of Role:
The successful candidate will lead projects with activities including project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation, delivering solutions that add direct value to a large and diverse client base.
A strong technology background is required as projects focus on integrating legacy systems with state-of-the-art modern platforms.
The candidate will work within a larger EMEA function responsible for technology across the region alongside teams in UK.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery conforms with company software development life cycle methodologies
- Manages relationships with senior business and technology management across EMEA
- Interfaces with development teams in locations across Europe and India systems to deliver business technology solutions
- Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies and able to apply appropriate methodologies according to project need
- Supervises more junior team members including analysts and developers. Assigns tasks and checks work product for accuracy and completeness
- Manages projects via creation and maintenance of project plans, work breakdown structures, schedule effort estimation and tracking. Conducts status meetings and facilitates issues resolution and risk mitigation
- Facilitates testing preparation and test execution
- Acts as an advocate for change management; encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions
- Involved in managing relationships with vendors and service providers including agreeing professional services and support and maintenance contracts
- Previous experience of delivering Software Development Projects
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**