Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + Bonus + Pension
Consultant Andy Ward
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-09 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Due to growth our clients is seeking to bolster their existing PMO function with the addition of a Project Manager to deliver complex, varied IT projects as part of their national portfolio.
Duties will include:
- Facilitate the definition of project objectives, goals and benefits at demand stage to support prioritisation within the portfolio
- Have awareness of all projects within the portfolio to support decision making on the best way to deliver new demand, i.e. commission new project vs deliver as part of existing projects
- Define the required project governance, structure, roles and responsibilities for commissioned projects, in conjunction with key stakeholders, and ensure that the project is managed and governed to this agreement
- Liaise with Business Stakeholders at all levels to ensure understanding of project deliverables and progress
- Ensure Benefits Management activity is captured within project deliverables, such as identification, definition and planning and that the tracking and realisation of business benefits is in place with Business Stakeholders as part of project closure
- Shape the work stream and deliverables of commissioned projects and ensure the right resources and skills are identified to support
- Rapid decision making in a changing environment, with appropriate escalation
- Own and manage project RAID logs
- Own and maintain a detailed project plans to assure delivery of all tasks within the project
- Understand project dependencies within and across all tiers of change; projects, small change and support
- Manage project budget and resource allocation
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
- Lead requests for information and invitation to tender processes
- Attend Customer meetings to understand how we can support customer needs and provide Business Solutions that deliver a best in class Customer Service.
- Contribute to the gathering of demand from Business Stakeholders and may undertake the role of Business Relationship point of contact for key stakeholders
- Maintain excellent awareness of industry methods, tools and techniques and recommend changes to the existing processes where appropriate
- Guide and mentor less experienced Project Managers across the Change department.
- When production problems occur, respond efficiently and effectively to address issues to minimise business disruption.
- May undertake Business Analysis activity
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Demonstrates evidence of leading and complex / transformational programmes and/or projects across multiple business areas
- Experience with managing budgets and project resources
- Benefits management and realisation experience
- Experience using standard Project Management toolkits such as MSP, RAID logs etc.
- Financial management, including cost modelling and monitoring expenditure
- Able to work effectively across multiple change projects or change activities simultaneously
- Demonstrable excellent Stakeholder Management skills
- Ability to think analytically, to deal with detail, and to extract and present relevant information concisely
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative solutions
- Experience of COTS or Application Delivery