IT Business Partner
Salary £40000 - £50000 per annum
Consultant Mark Armstrong
Date posted 17 October 2016
Due to continued growth with our client’s projects function, a role has arisen for an IT Business Partner to serve as an interface between IT and the wider business in order to develop business technology strategy.
As IT Business Partner, you will help manage the shaping of new IT initiatives, from idea to a developed business case and subsequent solution options while also supporting the development of the IT strategy in key areas. You will explore new technology opportunities to ad business value, and work with business functions to develop these into proposals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders to understand key business pain points and emerging needs
- Understanding the business drivers in order to ensure technology capabilities are appropriately aligned to meet it
- Preparing proposals and business cases for investment and guide the business areas through the decision making process (RFI /RFP)
- Developing required technology feature sets and user stories (Epics) to shape the technology requirements for new projects
- Identifying, shaping, evaluating and recommending options and implementing as appropriate
- Collaborating with, and facilitating stakeholder groups to ensure a close alignment between the business need and technology solutions to meet that need
- Identifying, screening, and evaluating new solution opportunities to address business needs, developing these into full business cases.
- Supporting the business in the implementation of COTS package solutions, from RFP through to service introduction and implementation
- Ensuring that appropriate due diligence is undertaken on any new IT solution being proposed
- Remaining up to date and knowledgeable of IT portfolio priorities
First and foremost, you will need to be an excellent communicator with the ability to communicate IT concepts to a variety of audiences and an ability to influence senior level stakeholders. You will have a broad understanding of the digital and technology landscape and experience of developing business cases.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to utilise influencing skills gained in a Project management or Business Analysis role and will provide the holder with an opportunity to work in a hugely respected and growing organisation alongside senior level professionals.
To be considered for this IT Business Partner role, please call Mark Armstrong on 0161 240 7476 or apply via the website.