Global Service Desk Manager
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 29 August 20192019-09-02 2019-10-28 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Global Solutions Provider currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Manager, with experience of managing EMEA and/or Global Service Desks, to join their established but rapidly expanding Tech Hub in Central Manchester.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of transforming a Global Service Desk. You will be working with market leading ITSM Service Management tools, leading the Service Desk supporting offices globally. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a passionate Service Desk Manager who has inspired teams in a global environment and is looking for a new challenge where you'll be able to make an instant visible impact and add value.
As the Service Desk Manager you will be responsible for the operational execution of the Global Service Desk, leading the implementation of Services and Teams, utilising best practice. In addition to this you will also be responsible for the following:
- Overall management of the Global Service Desk with line management of Service Desk Team Leads and Service Desk staff.
- Supporting the latest technologies within a digital, user focused environment.
- Ensuring Technology services are delivered in a repeatable way , including the provision of progress and updates of any in-flight service requests
- Drive the design, development, maintenance and adoption of service desk support tools and processes – including the Service Catalogue, ITSM tool, Self Service, Orchestration and Automation.
- On-boarding of and transition of new services into Support.
- Drive continuous improvement to support engagement, efficiency and collaboration across the Service Delivery function
- Create a Service Improvement Plan for your area and ensure this is clearly understood and communicated through regular Service Review meetings and events
- Plan, agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
- Work closely with and support Senior Stakeholders with both day to day and transformative activities. Deputising for the Senior Service Manager as appropriate.
As the Global Service Desk Manager you will have prior experience of leading a large Service Desk. In addition to this, the following experience/knowledge would be highly valued;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of ITSM methodologies and implementation, with a clear vision for the future of Service Management, inspiring others to work towards that vision.
- Excellent People Management, motivating and influencing skills.
- Direct line management of large Service Desk teams reporting directly into the Senior Service Manager
- Delivery of change including process, technology and culture
- Budget Management skills
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**