Head of Delivery Management Office
Consultant Mat Knutton
Date posted 12 August 20192019-08-15 2019-10-11 aerospace London London GB UB7 0GB GBP 100000 110000 110000 YEAR IAG GBS https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/careers-at-iaggbs.html https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/IAG-GBS.jpg
Robert Walters has partnered with IAG GBS on a Head of Delivery Management Office role based at their London office.
So, what is the Head of Delivery Management Office role and what does it do for IAG GBS?
IAG GBS (Global Business Services) is part of the International Airlines Group platform, one of the world’s leading airline groups, with 546 aircraft flying to over 270 destinations, carrying more than 100 million passengers each year. There are multiple Operating Companies (OpCos) that make up International Airlines Group which include Aer Lingus, Avios, British Airways, IAG, IAG Cargo, Iberia, Iberia Express, LEVEL and Vueling.
IAG GBS delivers a range of critical business services to these organisations which include procurement, finance and IT, complexity is added as each individual airline is unique, they are all different sizes, plus their requirements and stakeholder demographics are very diverse.
Here is where you come in.
The Head of Delivery Management Office position is a newly created, and critical role in the International Airlines Group Global Business Services Organisation. Some of the key themes of the role are -
- You are ultimately accountable for the management of the IT Delivery PMO, from both a planning, operational and governance perspective, as well as strategic.
- You will develop, implement, and manage the portfolio delivery plan to support delivery into multiple operating companies.
- You are responsible for financial, resource and manpower planning.
- You will work with the IT Delivery Leadership Team, Group IT Architecture, Cyber Security Office, IT Services and Infrastructure, Finance and Business Planning.
- You will adopt a data-driven approach, ensuring the accuracy and detail of MI, enabling you to provide detailed insight into performance of the IT Delivery function.
- You own the Programme Delivery Processes – Demand Management, Portfolio Management, Resource Management, Control and Command.
- You are the conduit between all areas of Group IT and OpCos business planning, fostering an open and collaborative culture.
- Play an integral part in defining the supplier management strategy, ensuring its ability to meet the needs of the 5-year Business Plan
The skills and experience that will be important to help you excel in this position are:
- Strong experience in building mid and long-term strategic business, delivery and financial plans.
- Developing and maintaining financial and resourcing plans within a complex, large-scale, and diverse environment.
- Expertise in leading geographically and culturally diverse teams.
- Experience of working with complex, multi-national organisations with multiple customer groups.
- Programme and project delivery using various methodologies (Including Waterfall and Agile) experience within an enterprise scale, process-driven organisation.
- Multi-supplier management experience.
Your impact in this role will be large and the level of transformation activity will make sure the role is challenging and rewarding. It’s based out of the renowned Waterside Head Office close to Heathrow Terminal 5 and will include occasional travel to IAG’s operating company locations. You will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package including annual incentive bonus scheme, car allowance, pension, performance share plan, family health insurance and 26 days leave plus 8 days’ Bank Holiday.
This is an influential and critical senior position with a huge scope. The description condenses its many facets, if you are an experienced Head of Delivery Management Office or Head of PMO, who has previously managed large-scale IT Delivery Programmes, and would like to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you.