Senior Disaster Recovery Manager
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Location North West EnglandFULL_TIME
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 04 March 2019 2019-03-042019-05-03 it manchester or Sheffield or Leeds Manchester or Shffiels Or Leeds GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a fantastic opprtunity for a Senior Disaster Recovery Manager to work with some amazing teams in locations of your choice. Manchester or Leeds or Shefield and remote working
This position involves working at a locations of your choice. Manchester or Leeds or Shefield and remote working
To ensure that the disaster recovery and technical recovery for business continuity is in place and tested for the specific Business units and sites
- Manage the Disaster Recovery team within the wider Business Continuity team.
- Maintain an annual programme of testing and issue resolution which complies with Group, Division and Client contractual requirements. Sites assigned will be a mixture of those requiring business continuity solutions and disaster recovery
- Highlight any significant gaps in the recovery ability and gain Business Unit ownership to remediate and then test.
- To support the recovery should an invocation be required.
- Supporting bid and other activities as required.
- Look for ways to meet the Company Strategy and Purpose:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with business teams and technical support engineers;
- Implement and maintain a testing programme that covers the requirements of the Business Units, coordinated with other DR Managers and as agreed by the relevant Risk/Management Committee(s);
- Ensure all coordination documentation is in place for all tests and invocation;
- Work with the Business Continuity representatives to agree test scopes for the BC and DR testing with clear objectives, success criteria and effectiveness assessments;
- Make appropriate recommendations and agree future actions,
- Co-ordinate and manage the technical resources for tests required;
- Support projects which require DR SME input to ensure technical solutions are considered and implemented appropriately; and any testing requirements are considered and undertaken;
- Participate in the Operational Acceptance process for all appropriate projects
- Participate in post disaster/incident/crisis reviews to assist with planning improvements;
- Support the Business in undertaking any Audit requirements
Skills knowledge and experience
- Experience in disaster or technical recoveries
- Experience of Managing a team
- PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.
- High standards of planning skills, together with a sense of urgency and the ability to deliver results.