Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Location North West EnglandFULL_TIME
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 20 September 2018 2018-09-202018-11-19 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environment Manager to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
Overall purpose of role
- To ensure maximum availability of test environment for the testing team.
- To utilise support process to resolve infrastructure and test environment issues.
- To work closely with the Lead Environment support manager to implement Environment support initiatives.
- To facilitate Unix/Linux/Windows/Oracle DB infrastructure upgrade on all non-production servers.
- Work closely with the leadership teams and undertake ownership and implement Support initiatives.
- Improve processes and ensure best practices are up to date with the team.
- Oversee and Manage Support service offerings for Non -production environments such as Break Fix infrastructure support, managing implementation schedules of planned outages due to Change driven by Infrastructure, Service upgrades and patching, Auto-monitoring and alerting of test infrastructure issues.
- Ensure Environment Support processes for all activities are reviewed /updated/followed from time to time based on changing customer and management expectations.
- Preserve and enhance the knowledge base of Environment support management activities by appropriate documentations and by conducting and organising sessions for the team.
- Ensure no single point of failures in the team and there is continuity in providing the required services for the customers.
- Foresee risks and create risk management solutions as appropriate.
- A suitable candidate for this role should have strong experience in Environment Management and tools such as for Incident management, Change management, monitoring and alerting. Should also have good understanding on common infrastructure components and how they fit together and interact.
- Experience of Application or Technical Support.
- Good Knowledge and experience with Java, Gradle
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Jira, BitBucket and cloud computing methodologies and tools.
- Good Knowledge on Release, Deployment and Change management process (ITIL).
- Good Technical knowledge on scripting languages such as Shell, Pearl.
- Ability to estimate effort requirement for release activities.
- Experience evaluating and driving adoption of new process workflows in medium to large organizations
- Conversant with SDLC methodologies like Agile and SCRUM.
- Basic Knowledge in UNIX/Linux/Windows systems.
- Basic knowledge on Batch execution and experience in managing the Application components.
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**