Network Team Lead
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 19 September 2018 2018-09-192018-11-18 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This a fantatsic role withn a Global financial organisation
Network Team Lead - This is a fantastic opportunity for a Network Team Lead to be a key technical leader in the delivery of this project. The primary function of the role is to ensure the Network based infrastructure is secure, robust, resilient and compliant
You will report into the Head of Infrastructure & IT Services. This role holds accountability for Network Infrastructure service projects and production support fpr payments.
- Responsible for ensuring standards are defined and in line with architectural requirements and in line with industry best practice
- Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production incidents
- Adherence to standards for change control, security and design patterns.
- A proven track record of managing critical infrastructure systems and services in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework.
- A proven track record in leading teams in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment with ability to manage multiple tasks and resources.
- Excellent customer skills for direct interaction with internal and external teams.
- Define operational procedures and documentation to ensure a consistently delivery of services in a dynamic environment.
- Define quality standards in the deployment and support of network services that underpin all BPS services
- Lead and define network delivery requirements for Service Improvement Unit initiatives
- Design and lead internal projects and deliveries aligned with the Network roadmap
- Support the architect and product teams in developing the network roadmap.
- Identify new technologies and services to transform the network service offering
- Mentor the global technical team to build a high-performing technical delivery environment
Expert knowledge of network administration on Cisco and F5 platforms
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
- Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
- Expert in multiple Cisco routing, switching and security technologies with a strong background in Cisco ASA and Cisco Nexus.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Firepower IDS
- Demonstrable experience of network performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
- Have a strong working knowledge of BPS infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
- Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Cisco CCNP – Routing and Switching
Cisco CCNP – Security OR CheckPoint CCSA
Configure and troubleshoot F5 LTM & GTM